Following is our 3 full day itinerary -
1. Itinerary was planned keeping in mind family needs - 2 adults and a kid of 3 years.
2. Wanted to do a bit of walking as well, which we did in an unplanned way at Luss.
3. Though it was May, it was still fairly cold in some places
Day 1 (landed at Glasgow from Gatwick, hired a car from the airport)
- Loch Lomond Luss, Argyll and Bute G83
- Oban PA34
- Kinlochleaven PH50 - nice drive
- Glen Coe A82 - must visit.
- Fort William PH33 - can be avoided
- Ben Nevis - must visit.
- Fort augustus
- Loch Ness
- Inverness - Stayed here. Did the Dolphin cruise. No dolphins. The season is Aug onwards.
- Cairncorm-fenicular railway not done
- St Andrews not done
- Pitloclry - beautiful views. must visit.
- Killicrankie - nice Scottish town
- Sterling - lovely castle. great views, easy stopover. Did not enter the castle. Don't really think there is a need
Dropped the car off at the airport, flight at 7 pm.