Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why we should all die at 30

When I was 15 I was at the zenith of my rebellious phase. I raged against everyone and everything: My parents, my teachers, organised religion and on many occasions, even my friends, whom I regarded as rather naive and in need of mass herding. I did everything a human being was not supposed to - at least according to a few popular ancient books.

I completely agree. And I so wish my daughter would have seen me operate when I was younger. My agility - physical and to some extent mental, is going. The back, the neck, the shoulders, they ache. The body is a creaking prison.

Again, not that I am unhappy, but there is absolutely no point holding off sex till after marriage. Either you get married early, or have loads of sex in college.

The exuberance, the passion, the vitality of youth brings a lot to the table (when young, its the table, when old, its the bed), and that is something not to be wasted. The middle-ages exist to revel in a different kind of pleasure, but the pure carnal desires have an important place of their own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi abhi, nice blog. i stumbled on it while looking for reviews on kotak. you saved my day! just curious, which broker are you using presently? any specific recommendations?

am a fairly low-volume low-freq trader who also makes the occasional bet in the f&o segment.

cheers,
satee
[sateesh dot santhalingam -at- gmail dot com]