Monday, March 20, 2006

Captain Chapter

I have an instant distrust of people who are called (want to be called) by some phony titles, no longer valid in current occupation. May be, there is genuine respect for them, but I find it all too dubious. Esp, the hypocorism (Wordweb rules) of Captain.



There was a Captain in my earlier job, responsible for everything and nothing. He was supposedly some navy ex and hence the epithet. He would walk around with a swagger, talk in a loud authoritative pitch and generally bully everyone in his team. I think he was head of IT support and also organiser of quiz club, nature club, sports club, but I am not sure. Because, every time I contacted him for any related activities ("why no activity on the quiz club?" "Are there any tennis players in the club?"), I never got a decent response. All the clubs were effectively dead and he peddled proper official activities as being organized by these clubs. There was an family event once, where all of the family were invited, except siblings older than 12 years. It was a totally ridiculous rule and I questioned him about it. No reply.



Another Captain that I know (same job) may not be as wretched, but still I am very suspicious. Captain Vinod Nair is the founder of Arts and conducts soft skills training courses for many big corporate companies. His career, the way he described it, spelt like collection of huge accomplishments. Ex-army commando, was shot twice, quit because of leg injury, was in some top position at Pritish Nandy communication, bragged that Bill Gates, Narayan Murthy wrote on ARTS website. There were some other 'golis' that he kept pelting us with.



I attended his training session and taken in totality (considering his age and his achievements), it didn't tie up. Also the training wasn't that great. Other folks like it, but he never stuck to the agenda. The session was on Team building and he cramped in some unrelated case studies related to an commando operation. Probably, just as justification to his army career. Throughout the training, I thought, he was giving golis, than teaching us anything of import.



Anyway, now I read this and I am convinced that he is a fraud. Who but bogus Godmen and quick-fixers go around telling people that "I can cure anyone spiritually, emotionally, physically and mentally.” Without having a degree in medicine or psychology! Yes, the guy is a fitness freak, but who amongst the Beautiful People isn't. And that shoudn't be a criteria for instant trust anyway.

And then, he succeeds in finding more mileage - by weaving his web of lies around neo-celebrity, Tulip Joshi. Lucky to find an accomplice, so early in life. Bunty aur Babli in the making!!



Go duping, Captain!



Crickettt goes berserk. Calls me names. Boo hoo hoo. I am even unhappier than before.

His verbatim rebuttal here (and only because he is less offensive in this comment).


crikettt said...
Just spoke to captain about your blog.



He chose to ignore it, he didnt even want to know the url (he is obviously above mud slinging).



His site is very much on, it is www.capttain.com.



NM, ambanis and shah rukh are very close to him - start reading the papers, he is all over with them-read wahat they have to say about him. Watch TV and see waht shekhar suman says about him. His recent presentation to bill clinton at vikram chatwal's wedding is also well known. .



Have u adopted children? have u been on the front line in service of your nation?.



I was once a frustrated lonely guy till I had a chat with him. He has never been too busy or to hoity toity, always has time and always ready to help..



As for your coments on accenture, your entire blog is a collection of cribs from a very unhappy and unaccopmlished person..



I am a very proud Indian but I feel sad that when one amongst us rises above through sheer grit and intelligence. 10 others are there just waiting to shred him. .



Is it that difficult to be happy for others and be happy yourself?.



Please dont malign a war hero and a gentleman who you dont even know - thats a genuine request, it just leaves a very bad taste.


I think, really, it would be best for you to ignore the blog like Captain Nair. If he continues to do sensible things like ignoring rabble rousers like me, then in time, he will never have any rabble rousers like me. Because all of us would be converts. Like you.


Right now, he is too good to be true (for everyone's benefits, the stutisumans are here and this blog will remain a checkpoint (esp. for me )to ascertain if I read the guy correctly or indeed, if it is another one of my accomplised failures.



P.S - COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED ON THIS BLOG-POST. NO NEW COMMENTS WILL BE PUBLISHED.

13 comments:

Abhi T said...

Hi,
Offensive comments will be deleted. Crikett, I am a major skeptic, and for me, Captain Nair's claims sounded hollow.
He did mention that he had adopted some kids, but never saw them and hence didn't comment. What I know is that he claimed Bill Gates and NRN Murthy wrote for his website. The site is no more.
His course material - well, it was a mish-mash of all soft-skills courses, without doing justice to the actual course (Team Building). You can fault me for not knowing him better (and hence misreading him totally), but you can blame it on your company, whose panchanama is also on my blog.
And what about the outrageous claim as a remedier of all problems. But you say he is divine, so that must be true.
This is my blog and I reserve the right to speak my mind.
Your blog is down, else you could post your eulogy to Captain Nair on it rather than disfiguring other blogs.
Bye and have fun.

Anonymous said...

Well said.

I dont know Captain so cant comment.

But yes you have right to criticise / doubt someone as long as you do not defame.

In my opinion you are not defaming captain but just raising doubt. And it is just your judgement and noone is bound to follow it.

AM.

Anonymous said...

You are taking potshots at a well established person without even a shred of evidence against him, i think you are defaming someone for no ryhme or reason. The man hasnt harmed you or anyone you know.

You've just decided to use him to get your blog a few hits. Reminds me of how some media preyed on hritik on the nepal issue, i guess you are no different.

Anonymous said...

im frm wipro bangalore, i know captain very well and have seen his bullet scars he has cured my project manager Vianayaks wife when she had 80% paralysis

y wud u go around destroying somebody u dont even know well? are u mad? i will find a way to book u for defemation

Abhi T said...

Please let me know your and your project manager's name and email ids. I would like to verify please

Anonymous said...

Did u verify nything with capt before attacking him like a coward?

frm ur blog its obvious that u hav no intent to verify u r just out to defame.Still captains cell number 9322590634 he's allways available for everyone interviiew him na? ask to see his scars.

Now lets see how geniune u r mister.

Anonymous said...

thank you anonymus.I had been reading about captain vinod nair for a long time and did not know how to get in touch with him for my back and knee problems.I did a google search and landed here thank you to you I called and met him.My treatment is started and I am feeling muchbetter already. Thank you

Unknown said...

Hey all,

abhi is just raising doubt over the credibility of capttain and i gues he's got every right to do so. However, no one should cross the line of control.

Reading all of the above, i am getting confused about what to do next. I have been under depression since childhood and now, I am 23.

However, whatever bit of advice capttain has given me has worked for me and I believe he's a very good observer, anaylzer and balanced person by his mind.

Lets all be neutral and make sure that we land at the right note.

Anonymous said...

i seem to have enetered the ladies room at a disc coz thats wat happens there. ladies get together and discuss the guys behind their backs.

I agree with everything that crickett and the anonymus guy here says. Captain is a man amongst men. This guy abhi seems to be a jealous girl in the ladies room, he obviously vanished after captains handphone number was provided.

Guys, look up captains public page on ryze.com, its like a shrine, he has soooooo many hits: http://www.ryze.com/go/captvinod

I know somethings for certain, he's a true friend when u need one and girls like me just die when hes around.

Abhi, get a life!!

Gauri Parekh,
Mumbai

Abhi T said...

I wouldnt want girls to die around me, oh no!
Some of the cases given here as well as Captain's talents mentioned on his site, well, they seem suspicious. I mean, what is Captain, a Godman? A Guru (Chori chori, Gori se-funny) to be able to treat all kinds of problems. Face reading. How do you know everything about a person in few minutes? (see his site again). Is there any scientific proof of such an ability. You should be just able to brainwash your audiences. The astrologers, babas, gurus (there are exceptions in last two), do the same thing. They mindfunk. They have gullible junta to fool along.
You guys have happy time singing hymns of Captain. Raise shrines, form communities, chant his name, whatever. But I didn't enter your territory. You entered mine.
As I said, this blog post remains so when I grow old to find all of the world worshipping Captain, it will certainly reinforce my stupidity (duh!)

Anonymous said...

i agree with abhi. takes great courage to say what you think is right when the world is convinced that someone is a hero. i have known captain for many years and his personality is completely pseudo. as i got to know him better, i realised that his thinking was completely out of sync to what one would expect from a man of his (supposed) calibre. scratch beneath the gloss and you will see the ordinary human being with fantasies of being superman. half the claims seem fake when you dig deeper and you will be amazed about his thoughts on women !

Abhi T said...

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED ON THIS BLOG-POST. NO NEW COMMENTS WILL BE PUBLISHED

Anonymous said...

Hi abhi,

I think you are an incredibly smart guy to be able to tune in to con-men like Captain Nair.I think it is like a team of a bonnie and clyde with Tulip and him getting together. I have known Tulip for many years and she fakes the "oh! I am so innocent" and such a "sati-savitri" garb just as well. Well, what can I say we have a country full of people that are celebrity-struck and even a minutest association to a "neo-famous" person gives them confidence. I love that you don't give a damn about the rest of the foolish population that has fallen prey to the Con-man's tactics!!Bravo!!