Saturday, November 26, 2005

Nice test

Yesterday had data modeling test. Well, have been working in dwh for long, but havent taken any certification exam so far. Actually the test is meant mainly for employees undertaking data modeling training (7 day) at Bangalore, but it is open for anyone interested. Since I had nothing better to do, I gave it for a lark.


The good part is that it is open book, open web test. They email you the question sheet, you write the answers, and submit through email as attachment. You are ofcourse not allowed to copy from fellow examinees or discuss. You are allowed to use data modeling tools like ERWin. The test duration is 1.30PM GMT to 8.30PM GMT.


The questions are extremely subjective and you need to prepare elaborate ER diagrams to answer them. The first quesion itself took me 2 hours to answer. All the books I has were no use, coz you can just answer it based on your previous knowledge and experience. There isnt one right answer, but whatever you answer, you need to be able to justify it easily.


Anyway, I made my submission on the dot at 8.30PM GMT. I don't want to hazard a guess as to how I did on the test. Lets keep our fingers crossed.


However, the whole experience was extremely satisfying. No pressure first to take the exam. You allowed to choice to answer whichever way you want (handwritten, ppt based, word doc). Access to all possible info (through web). So, you don't need to know everything about data modeling. You just need to know where everything about data modeling is. Also, since it was so long and exhausting, there was a sense of achievement at the end.


I just hope I don't fail!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These days you are making grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Like "I has", "allowed to choice to".

And posts per week are decreasing. Looks like your work, now a days, is getting tiring.

AM.

Anonymous said...

No! Actually he has no work and is running short of activities in the snowing winter over there .. so probably he is not getting fresh ideas. ;-)

nv

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha!

Must be true!

AM.

Abhi T said...

That is very true. The weather saps you of any creativity, flashes of brilliance.
Its destroys your will to live. So I have stabbed myself by making an ice knife of all the snow that fell last week.
I am now in heaven, but there are apsaras, so don't have time to blog even now