Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Dada as a Dodo?

Nothing pleases me more than if news about Ganguly's cricketing career being over are true. I don't claim to know to be a connoisseur of cricket, but for me Ganguly is a pile-on. I think the main thing he lacks is self-belief - he has been a good captain, but he ability to believe in his abilities and persevere, isn't just there. Constrast this with Tendulkar and Dravid, who have gone through lean patches, but just hang in there, so the loss of form doesnt extend beyond a few matches. Ganguly has been out of form since the end of 2003. He is quite slow, has poor reflexes and those things don't improve with age.


So, I think it's time they made Dada a dodo. Let him come back after sitting 6 matches (boon for India), if he doesn't perform in the next 4, give him the boot for good.

No comments: