Monday, February 28, 2005

Trying times

One of my collegues here suffered a major fall on Thursday. He had climbed an iron pillar (the kind you see supporting overhead rail wires) in our car park shed to retrieve a shuttlecock stuck at the top. He managed to collect it, but on his way down, his leg slipped, he couldnt latch on, and fell down about 20 feet.


Right now, he is admitted in hospital with severe head concussion just above the eye. He is under medication, unconscious and his swelling refuses to diminish and so doctors cannot investigate the extent of damage. They can't even operate properly till that time. His parents are no more and his brother arrived just yesterday (from distant Bihar).


I don't know what's going to happen. Collegues have been going to check on his progress. But he continues to remain critical.


It would be easy to dissect the accident and analyze what went wrong (security should be alert, have badminton kit available in liberal numbers and not to take foolish risks) but it is a lesson learnt the dreadful way.

I just hope and pray he recovers completely from the accident.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well its all on luck. Noone ever knows
what can happen when. Accidents can happen
while doing anything, anytime, anyway.

Even if there were plenty of shuttlecocks,
if it was calling, he still would have
gotten tempted to climb up.

Anyway, me too hope he gets up soon.

AM.

KJ said...

we will pray for ur friends fast recovery. keep us posted

Anonymous said...

What were yu doing when your friend was taking such unnecessary risk?

Abhi T said...

Tukya,
I wasn't there. Unfortunately. He was playing with another guy. And actually this guy hit the shuttle high up and it got stuck. :-(

Anonymous said...

First of all, Tushar, if he had been there,
I bet, he would have climbed himself and
not let anyone else climb.

Second(just an afterthought), Abhishek,
do you know, you could be fired for writing
this!

AM.

Abhi T said...

Right! But I didnt say anywhere where I am at, did I?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm,

You once said your boss was asking
you what is this blog thing. So he
must be keeping an eye just out of
curiosity.

Anyway let me declare, Abhishek
works for Google(Larry are you
listening?), ofcourse indirectly!

AM.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes is that the reason you
removed your picture?

AM.

Abhi T said...

No, boss knows I blog, but doesnt know my blog address. :-)
I removed my pic, because, people would bolt from my blog, as soon as they saw the pic. Never gave my blog a chance.