Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Guru Kashyap

Have read two fabulous pieces on music and film. First is music review of Guru. Have downloaded the songs from rapidshare (It was up the next day of release along with lyrics and album cover scan!!). I have not been able to have a listen. But Bharadwaj Ranjan review surely has me very eager.


Second article is about making of Satya by the man, Anurag Kashyap. I wonder if all his creative energies will ever find a release - I mean a Friday release. I know he is directing No Smoking, thanks to Vishal Bharadwaj and Kumar Mangat offering to be benevolent producers. But all of Kashyap's work as a director has been jinxed (Paanch, Black Friday, Alwyn Kaalicharan), so it makes me wonder if he operates in a self-destruct mode.


All said, he is something to watch out for, purely for the the manic edge he brings to his offerings.


Both links indirectly through George Thomas

No comments: